The police may issue a residence card to an EU citizen's family member who is a non-EU citizen.
To apply for a residence card, you will need:
- a residence card application form (www.poliisi.fi)
- a valid passport
- proof of marriage or a registered partnership
- the registration certificate of the EU citizen with whom the applicant enters the country or whom he/she will follow
- information on family ties (children, dependant family members)
- from cohabiting couples, proof of cohabitation, unless the couple has a child in joint custody
- from other family members, a document issued by an authority in Finland or their country of origin showing that the other family members are dependants of the EU citizen or live in the same household with him/her, or information on a serious health reason owing to which it is vital that the EU citizen personally cares for the said other family member
The EU residence card for an EU citizen's family member is issued for five years, or if the intended duration of the stay is less than five years, for the intended duration of the stay.
You can also apply for a residence card via the online service.
| Print page