Cancelling a residence permit
The police may cancel a permit issued by them if the applicant
- has left Finland permanently
- has stayed abroad continuously for two years or
- has provided false information when applying for the permit or concealed information that might have resulted in a refusal of the residence permit.
Before the expiry of the above-mentioned two-year period, the foreign national may apply for the residence permit not to be cancelled, if the stay outside Finland has been due to a specific or exceptional reason.
Additionally, the permit may be cancelled
- if grounds for issuing the permit no longer exist and the permit holder has only been resident in Finland for a short period or
- on request of another Schengen state
The residence permit expires once a foreign national is deported or issued a Finnish citizenship.
| Print page