Tietoa sivustosta en
Information on the Poliisi.fi sites and terms and conditions of use
The Poliisi.fi online services provide information on the Police operations and guides you in your online transactions. The National Police Board of Finland is responsible for the site as a whole.
We publish contents in Finnish, Swedish and English.
The following functions apply to the use of the site.
- The start page contains Police news highlights and news releases. There are also highlights focusing on central Police topics, functions and services.
- The search engine on the site helps you when you are looking for answers. The search function is in the web page header. By default, the search covers the entire contents of the site.
- Map – The Police station web pages show a map. Clicking on it, you will be transferred to Google maps and covered by its terms and conditions.
- Mediaservice – Those working for the Media can order their chosen Poliisi.fi releases.
- Net tips – You can use the crime tip system to inform the Police about suspicious materials and contents you come across in the Internet. If you need urgent Police help, always call the emergency number 112. The information sent through the crime tip system is encrypted.
- Feedback – You can use the feedback form to send questions and feedback to the Police. We will process the feedback during office hours. The response will be given in two weeks, provided you give your contact details. Please do not send confidential information in the feedback form.
- Feedback on site contents – please give direct feedback using the buttons at the bottom of the page. If you choose the button for the question “Did you find what you were looking for?”, the opening field provides you a chance to give your proposal for improving the page. Please do not give any personal data in the field.
- RSS services – The Poliisi.fi online service also provides news in RSS feed format.
- Online services – Through this site, you can proceed to online permit applications or book an appointment with the Police. Please read the instructions first. The online process takes place on a different platform.
- Social media – The pages contain windows to our own social media channels. The site does not send user information through social extensions. The official Police social media accounts and channels can be verified at poliisi.fi/some.
- News order service – You can receive the Police news releases to your email (in Finnish).
- Official matters – If you wish to initiate an official case, please send mail to the registration office (kirjaamo) of the Police station or other Police unit; the contact details can be found at the unit web pages. If you do not know which is the right unit for your purpose, the registration office of the National Police Board of Finland firstname.lastname@example.org will forward your message to the correct unit. Please avoid sending confidential information by email. The police sends and receives messages containing confidential information via the Secure Mail.
Web browsers and terminal devices
The site is responsive and the scalable contents adapt to your terminal device. The pages are at their best with the most recent browser versions.
If the contents do not show well in your device, please send us feedback and tell about your device, operating system and the browser you use so that we can start to look at the problem.
File downloads and reader applications
To read pdf files, you need Adobe Acrobat Reader, freely downloadable from the Internet. The site contains webcast inserts and video recordings. The streaming opens from a separate server in a format supported by your terminal device.
The web service offers RSS news feeds.
The Police has renewed the website to ensure service to all. With the technical specification of the site, we aim at meeting accessibility criteria.
Provide accessibility feedback via email email@example.com.
You can give feedback on the contents by responding to the question "Did you find what you were looking for?‘’ at the bottom of the page. We use the feedback to improve the contents. Please provide feedback and we will tackle the case.
Data protection and site user terms and conditions
The site terms and conditions are presented hereunder. The Police is committed to protecting the privacy and personal data of the site visitors in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
By approving all cookies, you will allow the analysis of the site use and development based on user data as well as various social media embedded contents on the site. Below, you can learn more about the analytics.
By only approving the indispensable cookies on the site, you will prevent the functioning of the analytics service for your part.
You can also manage the cookies directly through your own browser settings. Please note that in that case, the site might not function optimally.
The site retains the selections you make (persistent cookies) for one year. Session-specific cookies are deleted at the end of the session.
The Poliisi.fi site collects information on the site visit, used by the Police for the Siteimprove analytics. The Poliisi.fi site uses the data for online service development purposes. General statistics of the site use are collected, such as
- downloaded pages
- IP address (anonymised)
- browser and operating system.
For further information on the analytics, please go to the Siteimprove webpage.
React & Share
The pages also include the React & Share analytics related to the content feedback tool. It gathers data on the site visitor numbers but not on the visitors themselves.
Text, image and other content copyrights
The use of the text materials found on this site, and providing links to it, is allowed in the context corresponding to generally accepted practice. We hope you indicate the Police or a more detailed description as the source. The Police retains the rights to the text and visual materials on the site. The use of the images on the site is subject to authorisation. The images must not be manipulated or modified.
The use of the material or images is prohibited
- for commercial, political (such as electoral campaign) or religious purposes
- in an inappropriate or immoral manner.
Processing of personal data
The Police processes the personal data you have provided with care and lawfully. We ensure proper data protection. We only store contact and other data provided by the users themselves, using such details to reply to their contact requests, questions or other feedback. Each such service comes with a separate privacy statement for the service user.
Social extensions and plugins
The site contains links and connections to third party web pages and so-called plugins, such as Twitter extensions. The third-party plugins on the site are downloaded from the servers of those services. The site does not send user information through social extensions.
Any third-party services on the site or applications forwarded by them are subject to the terms and conditions of use of that third party.
As concerns the contents of the site, we thrive to provide correct and updated information.
The Police is not responsible for harm or inconvenience caused by technical disturbance or for linked materials published by third parties.
The Police reserves the right to update, revise and amend the terms and conditions of use as well as the contents and visual appearance of the site.
This page was last updated on 10/2/2022.