Social media - Helsinki Police Department - Police
Helsingin poliisilaitos sosiaalisessa mediassa -otsikko
Helsinki Police Department on social media
The police strategy is to keep the public safe on the streets and in virtual environments every day. Our objectives on social media channels :
- We are present on the streets and on social media channels actively, face to face and ready to discuss matters – because you are there too. Our common objective is to keep Helsinki safe.
- On Twitter, we communicate openly and rapidly about police operations, investigation of serious crimes, as well as other matters that are socially significant.
- Young people find us approachable, and we involve communities and citizens in improving safety. We prevent as many crimes and accidents as possible.
- We actively take part in social dialogue about themes related to safety in Helsinki and its improvement.
- We improve effectiveness by deepening cooperation with the City of Helsinki and other authorities and partners.
Keskustelun säännöt poliisin sosiaalisen median kanavilla YHTEINEN, ÄLÄ MUUTA
Comment rules on the police’s social media
You are welcome to chat with us, ask questions and post criticism. Please do so politely, respecting the privacy of others and without offending anyone. Base your arguments on facts.
The administrators monitor the conversations and answer questions. Due to the high volume of questions, however, we are unfortunately unable to answer everyone.
Please do not use the police’s social media to
- verbally abuse others, swear or express racist views,
- incite criminal behaviour,
- post hate messages targeted at individuals, organisations, countries or nations,
- advertise or market products and services,
- make religious or political statements, or
- post messages that could, under the Criminal Code of Finland, be classed as, for example, defamation or dissemination of information violating personal privacy.
- Posts that violate human dignity or incite criminal behaviour as well as racist and otherwise inappropriate posts can be removed.
Users who repeatedly break the rules can be blocked from the police’s social media. Users are not notified if they are blocked or if their post is taken down.
We never comment on private matters.
Please do not send us personal information belonging to yourself or anyone else on social media. Instead, please use our secure communication channels, such as our online services or net-based tip service.
You can always find a list of the authentic social media accounts of the Finnish Police at police.fi/social-media.