You will find us in these social media channels. Also many of our units have their own social media presence.
Social media - National Police Board - Police
Poliisihallitus sosiaalisessa mediassa -otsikko EN
The National Police Board on social media
Our experts are on social media discussing police work and its development.
Below, you can find a list of our official accounts in alphabetical order.
Keskustelun säännöt poliisin sosiaalisen median kanavilla YHTEINEN, ÄLÄ MUUTA
Comment rules on the police’s social media
You are welcome to chat with us, ask questions and post criticism. Please do so politely, respecting the privacy of others and without offending anyone. Base your arguments on facts.
The administrators monitor the conversations and answer questions. Due to the high volume of questions, however, we are unfortunately unable to answer everyone.
Please do not use the police’s social media to
- verbally abuse others, swear or express racist views,
- incite criminal behaviour,
- post hate messages targeted at individuals, organisations, countries or nations,
- advertise or market products and services,
- make religious or political statements, or
- post messages that could, under the Criminal Code of Finland, be classed as, for example, defamation or dissemination of information violating personal privacy.
- Posts that violate human dignity or incite criminal behaviour as well as racist and otherwise inappropriate posts can be removed.
Users who repeatedly break the rules can be blocked from the police’s social media. Users are not notified if they are blocked or if their post is taken down.
We never comment on private matters.
Please do not send us personal information belonging to yourself or anyone else on social media. Instead, please use our secure communication channels, such as our online services or net-based tip service.
You can always find a list of the authentic social media accounts of the Finnish Police at police.fi/social-media.