Kansainvälinen yhteistyö rahapelialalla EN
International cooperation in the gambling sector
As gambling is becoming an increasingly global activity, international cooperation is an important part of the effective implementation of supervision.
Forms of international cooperation include:
- Nordic cooperation (e.g. meetings of the heads of gambling supervisory authorities, meetings between legal and technical experts and collaborative projects focusing on current issues)
- Gaming Regulators European Forum (GREF)
- International Association for Gambling Regulators (IAGR)
- cooperation between EU member states in connection with EU institutions (Council Working Party on Gambling and Betting and expert roles in the Commission’s work)
- Financial Action Task Force on Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing (FATF)
- European Association for the Study of Gambling (EASG)
Cooperation between authorities under the cooperation arrangement signed in 2015 between the gambling regulatory authorities of EU and EEA member states is a key part of the international dimension of supervision. It includes exchange of information on areas such as regulation, providers of gambling services, consumer protection, reduction of administrative barriers, responsible gambling, protecting players from harm and use of technology.
In the fields of statistics and reporting, the Gambling Administration cooperates with the Nordic countries, EU member states, GREF and IAGR.