Carrying on the firearms trade
Trades subject to licence according to the Firearms Act are
- trade, exchange, storage and rental of firearms, firearm components, cartridges and specially dangerous projectiles
- repair, commercial modification, conversion and manufacturing of firearms and firearm components
- supplying firearms, firearm components, cartridges and specially dangerous projectiles;
- organising some other form of transfer, export or import of firearms, firearm components, cartridges and specially dangerous projectiles within Finland in accordance with the Firearms Act and
- commercial manufacture of cartridges or specially dangerous projectiles.
For additional information on applying for trade permits for dealing in firearms, please e-mail the Firearms Administration of the National Police Board at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The requirements for receiving a trade permit for dealing in firearms are set in the Firearms Act. A permit can be granted to a natural or legal person fulfilling the requirements set in the law. The business activities of the permit recipient must consist entirely or in part of one or more firearm-related trades.
If intended activities include handling or storing
- firearm components
- cartridges or
- specially dangerous projectiles,
the police department local to the storage location must approve the storage facilities in order for a permit to be granted. The nature and scope of the business activities will be taken into account.